Detox - The First Stage of Addiction Recovery.
Detox is the first stage of the recovery process for many people suffering from alcoholism, alcohol abuse or drug addiction. There are many different types of alcohol detox / drug detox programs ready to help you but finding the right one is crucial to beginning a new life in recovery.
If you know that the disease of addiction has taken over your life and it's time to make a change, but don't know how, Detox-Rehab.com is here to help you - call 1-888-814-1881 and get help now!
All calls are confidential.
Detox - Works best if medically monitored?
Finding a safe medical detoxification rehab programs is easy at Detox-Rehab.com. Locating an alcohol detox center or drug detox programs that are effective and can meet your individual needs is not. That's why Detox-Rehab.com® offers a 24-hour helpline dedicated to helping you find drug rehab programs that are right for you.
All you need to do is give us some information about your addiction, and we'll find the drug detox program that's best for you. Not all alcohol detoxification treatment centers or drug addiction detox programs are the same, which is why it's so important to match your needs with their services. Tell us about your drug addiction, alcoholism, medical and clinical issues, and we'll provide you with the information you need to decide on a particular program.
What is Detox?
- Detox and Drug detox are the process of ridding the body of toxins associated with drug use.
- The first phase of detox is withdrawal.
- Once an individual discontinues the use of an addictive substance, both physical and behavioral withdrawal symptoms follow.
- The severity of withdrawal symptoms depend largely on the particular drug or drugs that were being used; as well as the frequency of use.
- It is very common that individuals under go detoxification from multiple drugs at the same time; for example, alcohol and cocaine, or alcohol and prescription medications.
- Detoxification, under medical supervision can greatly diminish and help over come the uncomfortable symptoms associated with withdrawals.
- Drug detoxification can be performed in a variety of ways depending on where you choose to receive medical treatment.
- Ideally, a professionally trained and medically certified detox center will provide a combination of counseling and therapy to assist with the physical and emotional distress experienced during the detoxification process.
- The crucial aspect of drug detoxification is to completely remove all accumulated toxins in the body so that the individual will eliminate any negative physical side affects and minimize unwanted emotional cravings associated with drug addiction.
- Once an individual’s body is safely purified from drug related toxins, he or she is now ready to pursue long term addiction recovery.
Detoxification and withdrawal from alcohol and certain drugs can pose serious life threatening consequences.
If you’re trying to decide whether you should go to detox or would like help finding the right detox program for you pick up the phone now.
We’re here to help 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Call 1-888-814-1881 for a free and confidential detox assessment & referral service.